fredag, oktober 26, 2007

Femmes pour la paix

From Eline's blog:

It’s Saturday morning and Helene and I were getting ready to march in a parade together with Femmes pour la Paix (Women for peace)! A group of women started in Morocco and has been “walking” through West-African countries representing and working for peace. This Saturday they arrived Ngaoundéré. I was excited for the happening!

(.......)

All in all we were about 60 women marching through town (about 2 km) singing: “Nous marchons dans la lumiére de Dieu, nous marchons dans la lumiére de Dieu” (We are marching in the light of God, we are marching in the light of God).Memories from Norwegian 17th of Mai parades back in Norway came into me. Together with that and the special atmosphere and enthusiasm I saw in the women, made it hard to keep my eyes dry! It was amazing!


For every country the women had been in, they received a "banner" that they sewed together. Each banner had a story to tell, but I (with my French) didn't understand much of them!

Ingen kommentarer: